Fair Date: Thursday, March 8TH 2018
~MORE INFO FOR 2018 COMING SOON ~
2017 SCIENCE & SOCIAL STUDIES FAIR INFO:
Be A SCIENTIST! Be A SOCIOLOGIST! Be an INVENTOR!
The Science and Social Studies Fair is an opportunity for children to ask a question and explore the answers for themselves. Your child will love to share his/her project with family, friends and schoolmates. We look forward to a great night of science and social studies!!!
A science or social studies Investigative Project (or an Invention) asks a question and then uses 5 steps called the scientific method to discover an answer. The term Scientific Method sounds pretty complicated but it is actually 5 simple ideas that scientists use to solve problems:
- What I wonder (Question)
- What I think (Hypothesis)
- What I did (Experiment/Research)
- What I found (Results)
- What I learned (conclusions)(This process is explained in much more detail in the Project Guide.)
Once you’re done, you organize all your findings using a display or poster board. You may even want to include a demonstration. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to explain your results to the science fair judges, your friends, and your family at the Science and Social Studies Fair.
New This Year:
- We will have two separate rooms set up for projects — K-3 in the Gym and Grades 4–5 in the Library. This will allow parents, students, and guests to view one set of projects while the other is judged.
- A pizza dinner will be available for purchase in the cafeteria from 6p-730p during the science fair.
In order to help you and your family plan your SSSF evening, here are the Final Instructions for fair night.
In addition, 4th and 5th graders have the opportunity to earn an Honorable Mention or Highest Honors ribbon.
We would love your help in making this event happen. Please volunteer here to help out with this successful event.